Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rocking Chair Reveal

I had this chair -- as a child. So it is a few years old!
None the less, can you see the detail of the fabric fraying on it?! It needed some love.
I sanded. And sanded. Painted. Sanded. Screamed. Sanded.  Glazed. Rubbed.
Then I cut and stapled. Cut more. Stapled again. Cut and sewed. Stapled and stapled. Screamed again. And stapled once more to get the end result of ...
Wa-la!

And in case you need a chuckle -- here is my ray of sunshine!

Hope you enjoy!
I'm so blessed to have this chair pass on from me to mine.



I'm linking this to parties!! :-)

Simply Designing








toolsareforwomentoo

 



Life in the Pitts








 

11 comments:

  1. Super cute chair redo! It is so nice to have things like that from your childhood that you can reuse for your own child!

    Thanks for linking up! I hope to see you next week!

    -Ashley @ www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) It really is adorable and the pictures do not do it justice! I'm not a photographer by ANY means.. But yes, I am so glad to be ablet to pass something that I had a child, onto my daughter and put my own spin on it. I also have my dresser as a child, in her room but I've just painted it for her. So sweet!

    I will be linking up as long as the invite is there :)

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! :) I linked up to your party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey mama, found you through the remodelaholics linky, super cute rocking chair!! The one I use with my daughter was the one my grandma was rocked and nursed in, I love family furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! That is so sweet! I really hope my daughter will take this and pass it on, it will really mean a lot to our family. It is such a precious item. But thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking and helping to make this the most successful Modern Craftswoman Monday so far! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. turned out very cute! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks adorable! So cute!

    Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy session over at Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those little cheese-ers (smiles) as we like to call them. AND the chair is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies! That all means so much to me! You are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)