Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fluffy Soft Sugar Cookies!

I made the best sugar cookies I have ever made!
And I have made A L O T!
In case you didn't know, I LOVE sugar cookies.
This whole eating healthy-lose-baby-weight thing isn't going to work well now that I have this recipe ..

Ok so I actually got it from this link. [I don't have the direct entry but its under her cookie exchange]

Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 c sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 c milk
4 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 t baking soda
4 t baking powder


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream sugar, butter, and eggs.
Mix dry ingredients and add slowly into wet mixture.
Add milk and vanilla.

Roll out the dough pretty thick - 1/2 inch is what she reccomends.
Use lots of flour!!
Cut with cookie cutter.
 
Place about an inch apart on a cookie sheet.
I used a silicone baking sheet.

Let cool and frost. [I made a frosting to go with it, but I didn't think it spread very well so I instead went for the can stuff]

Result -- fluffiest, softest, sweetest [but not too sweet] sugar cookie!! I can't eat just ONE!


2 comments:

  1. So, these are making me hungry & wanting a midnight snack!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooooooo good! I cannot express it! You should try them! I made them once for fun, twice for Memorial Day.. and now I'm trying to think of another reason to make them again! Ha -- so nice right?!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)