Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh - Oh - It's Magic ..

I recently went on a trip with Mr. B to Joann's .. oh how I could spend hours at Joann's .. 
Sadly -- he was in a "hurry" -- so I took my time :) Hahaha, not really. But I walked along an aisle and found a package of reeds for 97 cents! I kinda knew it was meant to be. Right then and there I knew I would create something "magical" with it. And love it. 

And it was so easy! 

Needed: 
Candle
Reeds -found in the fake flower section
Hot glue and gun
Twine
Scissors, Exact-o knife, wire cutters -- something sharp


1 - Its super easy -- measure your reeds to about a 1/4 inch longer than the candle. Cut. [the wire cutters worked best, however, they aren't pictured] And repeat. I made mine to various lengths. Not only did I think it would look better -- but I'm not that good at straight lines ;) 

2 - Start gluing around your candle with the reeds. Be careful since the glue will make the candle melt. Just relax. It'll be fixed and you won't even see it! 

3 - I glued several together at a time, in bunches of 10-15 and let it dry in the mold of the candle. I then glued the reeds together -- around -- the candle. And tied with twine. Wa-la. It's magic.


The Girl Creative
Making



5 comments:

  1. Cute idea!

    Thanks so much for linking up! I hope you join me again next week!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea. So summery and textural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so thought I commented on this...?

    Anyway, I think this is great and will make a fantastic gift for people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute project!! Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving such a sweet comment. Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you gals :) It was super easy! Not to mention every time someone comes over I always seem to get a comment :-)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)