Thursday, July 15, 2010

Decorate With Metal

Hey guys! 
Did you see the awesome awesome news?! I was featured! 
My very first time and I am overjoyed with it! This week would be my grandpa's birthday, he would have been 91. 

This is a picture of him obviously on his 88th birthday. I made that cake for him :o) He lived in Holland for his earlier years, married my grandma, had one daughter and came here to America on a boat and they together had 4 more children, 3 girls and 1 boy. He was very big into his church, therefore, the round cake closest to the bottom left has a windmill and cross on it. The one above has a tractor since he had a garden and loved it! Then next one had fish with a pond and a fishing pole, that man sure loved to fish!! And the one below that had a dairy cow since they had their own dairy farm for many many years. I just love that man!
Happy Birthday Grandpa! I know you are happy in your new home!

Now on to what I wanted to tell you about :o) 

When I became pregnant and we found out we were having a little girl, immediately I looked for bedding.
Baby C's bedding is bright pink, light pink, and green with hints of a white cream in it. 
I love to have family heirlooms passed down from generation to generation. 

So we used my old dresser. I didn't take before pictures, but it was blue and purple? I don't know why.

Here it is now: 


Light pink with green drawers and white knobs. But there was a gap in between the drawers and knobs.
My mom told me that she had found an idea to paint washers.
And lookee there -- it worked! 



Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are wonderful colors you chose for your daughter's room! I love the green you chose to paint the dresser, too! :)

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo. Not just pink....some sassy green in there too. Love it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby!

    Congratulations!! You won the $25 credit to Keefer Style Creations Jewelry on Tatertots and Jello! Send an email to Lisa @ Keefer Creations and she can tell you how to redeem your prize!

    Keeferstylecreations@gmail.com

    XOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Abby, thank so much for your sweet comment on Ava's party! This is SO fun and cute! Hope you can come link up to style feature saturday! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)