Sunday, July 11, 2010

Earring Holder from the Dollar Tree

 
Hey all! I hope you had a fantastic week and your weekend is going swell!
I have a sick little one to take care of, however, literally this is the first time she has ever been sick so I can't complain much. 
Here she is at my parents with her "Really?!" face :0)


I just checked my blog dashboard and had some bum news. 
One of my favorite blogs, Ruffles And Stuff  has decided to end blogging. It's a sad day. I really enjoyed her posts. Plus I just made her bracelet and haven't been able to post about it. 
In honor of Disney, here is her rose bracelet. 

Here is her tutorial :0)

Back to business
I went to the Dollar Tree a few weeks ago. I was really bored. I never go there.
And I don't know why. Well, I know why. Not to sound rude, but some of the people that walk in there, look and act, um.. like they have never been in public before. There I said it. Sue me.
So as C and I were scooting along, we came across this beaut:

Ugly isn't it? But I see potential! 

 
There she is!  
The little beauty herself! 
And it was super simple. Cause I'm all about simple. I have a child ya know :0)

Here is how I did it:
I spray painted it Heirloom White. Let it dry. Paint again. Then I took sandpaper to the "pot" of it and wiped it off clean. I then took an Antique Glaze to it and wiped it clean. I dressed it up with earrings and it now sits in my newly re-done bathroom. 
Total money spent:
$1.00 on the "plant"
I had everything else at home :0) 
Now that is what I call a bargain! 



I am linking to these sites below. 
Please leave a comment to let me know you came by!


 

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
sign

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I need to do something with my earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! It doesn't get much easier, cheaper and cuter than this! I will feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com today! Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! So simple & cute (& cheap) - some of my favorite words! :)
    found you through somedaycrafts - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea and the price is right! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so crafty, Abby! I didn't even know you had a blog. I love it! I'm proud to have you as my cousin! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks great! i just might have to scope out the dollar store sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)