Friday, July 2, 2010

Toilet Paper + Art .. ?

Hey all! 

It's been a little while, thought I'd show you what has been going on lately. 

As I mentioned earlier in a post, my husband would be leaving for two weeks. Well I wasn't going to just sit around and do nothing. Okay, I wanted to. But I didn't.

Instead, I created this: 

Sorry for the lack of a better picture, we live in an apartment with VERY BAD lighting .. and no matter what I do, it will never be fixed. So I don't try. 

Needless to say, that was made out of toilet paper rolls. 
Yes. Toilet paper rolls. 

[P.S. Thank you to everyone who saved them for me! Look what you helped create ^^] 

Our room is the typical white 4 wall apartment color. Ugly and boring. We have a dark wood bed, with light tan bedding, and now we have this bright orange artwork. So I bought pillows and painted a lamp to add colors. On Color Splash, one of my favorite shows! he always states, "add three of the same color to create an impact" Impact it is.






New Friend Fridays
toolsareforwomentoo

8 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Trendy Tree House. I love your toilet paper art!! Easy enough, and so cute!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I love it! :)

    I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! The hardest part was keeping the motivation. My little girl keeps me so busy, I'd only work on it when she was asleep. But it turned out lovely, I'll post a bedroom picture soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOVE it!!

    blakadomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up at simply designing!

    What a cute and cheap idea! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I love the color and your design -- and all out of TP rolls?? Great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All out of toilet paper rolls - how awesome is that?! I'm still in awe that I made it! Seriously, its awesome in person and the picture doesn't do it justice .. I'd have each and everyone over to my apartment to see it if I could!

    Thank you for all the lovely comments ladies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. and here it is! i told you i'd drop by and here i am to see the TP roll art you mentioned! i love this kind of thing! it's so simple to make, recycled, and costs next to nothing. you can't beat that, can you?

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)