Saturday, August 28, 2010

Applique Tutorial

My best friends little girl was turning 4 .. And I would much rather make her something, than buy her something. That way I know A LOT of love went into it.


I started off with size 500 [!!!!] font of the number 4
Simply printed off the computer in a fun bubbly font.
I cut it out and layed it on top of double stick fusible webbing.
I buy the blue package at Joanns.
A helpful hint I read was to cut the webbing smaller than the actual item you will be sewing on.
That will allow nothing to get on your iron as long as it is placed correctly :)

It doesn't have to be that much smaller, just cut "inside your lines"

I laid the 4 down backwards on the back of the printed fabric.
I could have just laid it correctly on the top of the fabric but I didn't want to jynx getting a line on the finished product.

Numero 4!

Lay it on the tank top and iron away 

Sew it in place and look what you just did!

Here is a look at the whole outfit --




Hope you enjoy seeing something I've been up to!
There is plenty more to come! :)

1 comment:

  1. Abby, this turned out so cute! Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us plus the zebra stool tutorial at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)