Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Shower Cake

I recently, as in today, did a baby shower cake.
I was told the little one is a girl and will be named Emma. (How sweet?!)
The mother to be's favorite color is yellow.
We had a picture to sort of go off of but this is what I came up with:

There were also some extra cookies which sadly were too large to fit on the cake.

How is that crown held up you ask?
I cut two straws (about the depth of the cake) with the bendy parts attached.
I placed them behind where the crown would sit and bent the straw over to help hold it.
Does that make sense? Haha! Regardless, I then covered that up with icing.  

The same client who ordered the above cake -- ordered the below cake in November.


Hope you have a wonderful week!
Stay warm!



sign

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)