Wednesday, May 11, 2011

From Frumpy to Fantastic!

When I moved back in with my parents I became rather bored. I no longer had a space of my own or crafts to do .. I wanted to do something that would make a statement.
Something bold.
Something daring.
Something not me.

I asked on a Facebook post if anyone had stools or ottomans to let me have .. When my mom told me she had one in storage. She promptly went out that day and found it.

It sat there ever since.

Until today.

I took the ragged, paint dripping, sittin' in a corner, wooden stool to a whole new level!

Hope you enjoy!


A hammer and muscles can do a little damage ..


Spray paint the legs "Lagoon" blue and let dry. Paint. Let dry.
Repeat until the can is empty or finger is cramping.



Cover seat in fabric of choice ..
Go bold.
Go daring.
Go for the gold.



Reassemble stool/new-improved-never-gonna-look-the-same ottoman and enjoy!


This project took me roughly 3 hours to do with drying time and a bowl of chocolate ice cream in between!


-Abby








7 comments:

  1. You're right - we are twins! Love the zebra print. I think all stools, benches and such should have aqua legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Abby! Who doesn't love zebra print? Lame people, that's who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job I just love it the color the zebra print it is perfect! I am visiting from I heart nap time.
    Come and say hi I love visitors and will be doing a giveaway this week

    A Mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! I LOVE the zebra print!!! looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Abby! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It's so bright and fun! Stopping by from the Homemaker on a Dime Party and Hop! New follower :) I'd love for you to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just sanded and primed my stool last night that looks just like yours originally! I'm spraying it tonight and am waiting for the fabric to come in to recover it!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)