Sunday, May 8, 2011

Headband Tutorial!



Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful Mothers out there! I hope everyone's was filled with love and lots of relaxation!

I recently went thru my camera and found a tutorial I made and completely forgot to post!
Don't tell anyone :)

************

Start by raiding someone's hair accessory drawers.. My drawer was my Mom's.
(HI MOM!)


Next grab a fun fabric .. This happened to be one that I made a dress refashion for Charlotte when she was smaller.



I next cut it into 3 strips and made into rosettes


Next step is to wrap it in a fun ribbon ... making sure to glue it every so often. This is where you can hide blemishes and it helps hold it together.

 I then cut 3 circles of fabric and laid on top of one another and glued to each other.
I put a glob of glue and sprinkled a few silver beads on top. I glued the rosettes on..burnt the edges to the flower .. and wa-la!

The end result is a super cute headband!!


Place it on your model and bribe her with brushing her teeth :)


4 comments:

  1. Omg. Super cute. And it looks so easy! Which means I could probably make one or two of these! Love how the flowers turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!! Great tutorial. Your blog header is GREAT btw.

    -Lindsay
    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! thanks for the tutorial! I am your newest follower and would love to have you check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)