Monday, May 30, 2011

Ooops! Oh my!

Hey!

So do you LOVE my new layout?!
I do!
I finally cracked down and had this super sweet gal make me a custom blog layout and I love love love it!

It seems the boring bug is going around a lot lately.

This t-shirt. Boring. So boring so, I paid $6.99 for it at TJMAXX.
That store and I have a love/hate relationship.
I love finding fun things to tear apart and make new.
But I hate digging. Hate it. Well, sometimes, when I'm kid free, not working, not sleeping, not eating/driving, or anything of the above.. I'll make a slight appearance and see what I can destroy.
By destroy, I mean, tear apart.


And yes, I am sucking it in. I only wished I looked that way on a regular basis!


The after



I cut about 3 inches off the bottom. In the top picture you can see it's long.
I cut that section into 1 inch strips and braided. And braided. And braided. I don't braid. My baby girl is bald. This was a challenge.
I used liquid stitch around the collar and called it a job well done.

All the credits go to this gal who says it was an "oops" but I say it's an "ooh-la-la"






1 comment:

  1. I saw you on Creative Bloggers Party. I'm your newest public follower. I have the same feeling about TJMaxx. Nice improvement to the shirt. I would have never thought of that. I love the fabric on the stool you re-created too. I am so impressed with all the talent I found in this party. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)