Saturday, May 7, 2011

*Personalized Stool*

My daughter just turned two a few weeks ago. With that said, she is obviously not of my height so getting up and down off of my bed is a challenge for her. I took a trip to Hobby Lobby and stumbled upon mini stools. They're plain jane, nothing fancy to them but it is the perfect height for her to climb up.. or get into things she doesn't need to be in. I should have thought that one thru a little more ;)

Long story short .. this is what I came up with!

******************

I spray painted the stool hot pink and let it dry for at least 24 hours.
I then put a heavy dose of Modge Podge onto the top..

Next I laid down scrapbook paper .. zebra print :) and did another doseage of Modge Podge to let it seal.
 (I also cut the paper down to size)

While it was drying I cut my daughters name out using my Cricut.. I placed her name on there.
It's a lighter shade of the pink .. more Modge Podge ..


The grande finale! Her brand new stool made all while she was asleep! :)


I also added little pads to the bottom of it so it wouldn't scratch the wood floors :)
This child was like a kid in a candy store with her new toy!

I've linked to these parties:











Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
Photobucket
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh how FUN is this! Great tute- thanks for sharing! We would ♥ for you to show this off at our link party ;)

    Lolly Jane
    lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This belongs in my daughter's room! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love this combo of hot pink and Zebra! Looks so great together!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. I don't want to get on my knees and beg.

But I will.

:)